Copper-clad aluminium wire commonly abbreviated as CCAW, is a bimetallic wire composing of an aluminum core cladding with copper which is produced under the production process of cladding welding drawing method. By cladding copper strip concentrically on the outer surface of the aluminium core. This wire has superb electrical properties compares to solid copper even the material composition is 90% inner aluminum core and 10% outer copper cladding. CCA wire posesses the characteristics of both copper wire and aluminium wire: low density from aluminium wire and good conductor from copper wire. This kind of bimetallic wire(CCA wire) is widely used in different electrical applications requiring the conductivity of copper while retaining much of the weight advantages of aluminum.
Copper-clad aluminum wire features:
* Lighter than pure copper in weight. CCAW is almost 1/3 of the weight of etp copper wire weight with same thickness.
* Higher conductivity than pure aluminum.
* Better strength than aluminum.
* Better solderability than aluminum,because the surface of the conductor of CCAW is clad with copper,there is no need special soldering as is the case with aluminum wire.Soldering can be done in the exactly same way as with copper wire.
* CCA wire can be easily processed to fine or flat wire.
* CCA wire is environmental friendly, copper clad aluminum saves the copper resources and the production process is nonpolluting.
* CCA Wire diameter range: 0.08~5.3mm
* Suitable insulating film: UE/PE/SFB/SF.EI
* RoHS compliant
* Manufacture Standard: SJ/11233-2000, ASTM B 566-93 Copper Clad Aluminum Wire.
* CCA wire is divided into two mechnical status: Annealed (A) and Hard Drawn(H) . Copper percent-rate in volume : 10%+2%; and 15%+2%.
CCA wire Application: CCA wire in High-frequency signal transporting:
· Inner conductor of CATV coaxial cable
· Conductor of computer cable, LAN cable and other data cables
· Inner conductor of leak cable
· Inner conductor of micro coaxial cable
· Inner conductor of 50W therefore cable CCA wire in Power transporting:
· Standard wire
· Conductor of electric power cable
· Conductor of automotive cable
· Building distribution wire
· Radio frequency shielding
· Conductor of control cable